Building a $2000 Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want to be upgrading in the near future you will want to get a DX10 card. So you would need a 8800gts or 8800gtx. If you don't have dx10 (winxp doesn't have dx10 support though so you would want vista) games won't run to their fullest.

u need atleast a ATI X1950XT or Nvidia 7950GT if you want it to last 3 or 4 years, and a E6400 or higher. IMO

i tried to add all of that up but i keep on going over 2000, did you guys use a website other then newegg?

one more thing; since this is a complete computer building forum.....what kind of cooling would i need? i dont want liquid cooling becuase if i dont replace the water it might get clogged and spill on my motherboard.....and although some people say it doesnt happen, i dont want to take teh risk....i heard of something called a vapochill, and vapochill micro...the micro is just a heat pipe and a fan but it uses a certain coolant instead of water in the heatpipe, while the regular vapochill uses the same chemical but on a larger scale (-20 degrees)...supposedly the vapochill micro is comparable to a water cooling system without the refilling of water problem...and much cheaper.....can somebody tell me if thats a good idea or should i go with fans heatsinks and heatpipes......

oh, and i plan on leaving my comp turned on overnight sometimes....
*or all the time :)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Intel Bad Axe 2 (don't get a 680i chipset unless you are using SLI)
8800GTX
2GB RAM
OCZ 600W PSU

There's a very good backbone for your system.

here is a build i came up with:

lite-on dvd burner ide $36
TT soprano $80
zalman 9500 $48 w/
as5 $6
WD 250gb sataII $80
corsair xms 2x1gb $236 after mail in rebate
samsung 19" WS $175 after mail in rebate
asus p5b-deluxe/wifi $197
ozc gameXstream 600w $97 after mail in rebate
C2D e6600 $309
evga 8800gts $400 after mail in rebate
CL x-fi fatality $116
logitech x-230 $38
windows xp w/ vista coupon $90

total: $1989.53 (w/ shipping)

I didn't include keyboard/mouse sry. I also had to give you some cheap 2.1 speakers but their still good non-the-less. Every thing else is a sweet system.

edit: 4 years is a long time in the technology realm. You might find yourself a little outdated even with a $4000 build today. Just keep that in mind.

hmmmm.........the link didnt work

lol....let me guess, you saved the wish list under your account and then copied the address...lol...i did the same thing.....you have to make it shared, then log out, then access it as if you were someone else. the only problem is that it takes it about a day sometimes for it to move to the shared section.....thats why i had to actually type up my second build (look at the first post to see what i mean)

anyway.......if you type it up its a little more work but it will be greatly appreciated; or you can email it to me.......but then other people on the forum wont be able to see and discuss it....

soooo......its up to u......either way.....thanks alot

thanks a bunch

Thanks a lot, well first of all, i dont need the soundcard for two reasons.....
1. dont care much for sound
2. the speakers arnt that good anyway
so ill cut that and replace with a $20 one

and i already have a copy of windows waiting for me so no need for that too, thats $235 for my mouse and keyboard
and ill manage to find an LCD, its ok if it goes a little over the top.....lol

sry to post twice right after each other but.....

sry about posting twice...but i was also wondering about fans and cooling.....any ideas about that or are the few that come with the case and then buying one for my cpu enough?

Alright, subtracted the lcd, soundcard, OS, GPU, and speakers:

Knowing that...you should get a xfx 8800gtx for $560 after mail in rebate, a logitech z-2300 for $106, a logitech MX518 for $40, and a logitech g15 for $72.

total: $1948.43 (w/ shipping)

I gave you a good cpu cooler in my first post and the fans that come with the case are good enough, but if you want something to blow the rest of the money on...a couple of TT thunderblade case fans would do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom