So

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolboobs

Beta member
I got this hardware problem, see. My monitor is basically a son of a bitch. It won't show anything. I'm computer-savvy, by the way. It was working fine, but my dear sweet mother is computer-retarded and pulled the thing away from the wall WHILE it was running with everything plugged in to make room for something - and this is while I was gone, mind - and the monitor was in sleep mode while she moved it, so the thing is, she says, is that it never came back from sleep mode. That's fucked up. So I try all the dumb shit I know, right, but nothing works. My friend is better at this shit than me, right, so I get him to help me out and he takes apart my computer to see what's wrong with the piece of shit graphics card, which, by the way, seems to be built in to the motherboard. And so he looks to see if it maybe came detached while my mum moved the computer, right, but that couldn't have happened, as we discovered, because it seems to be attached to the motherboard. We can't pull the bastard out of the piece of shit motherboard without pissing our panties(to each his own preference of undergarment, right) from stressing about breaking the fucker. The drives are working, we can hear them, and the cd-drive is operating just fine. It's like the bitch of a computer is on, but we can't see what it's doing. Can anyone help me here? Troubleshooting lists? Thanks in advance, compadres.

Have you tried the monitor on someone elses computer to make sure thats not the problem.

Also what mobo do you have? if the graphics card is stuck it could be one of the annoying holders keeping it in place look near the right end of the slot for a slider you pull out it might be a different colour. Or there could be a plastic pin that you have to push from the other side while pulling the graphics card.

...also how all your swearing got paste the censor I dont know :)

I bought a new video card that is an agp and replaced it in the primary slot where the old one was. It still doesnt work and the computer still goes into power saving mode. Does anyone have any ideas to what it could be in terms of either video card or what else could have happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom