Oc E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT-44

Baseband Member
hi i said i wud never oc my pc but have decided i will because every1 says its 100% safe to oc the E6600 to 2.6 with no extra cooling, so cud some1 please tell me how to do it do i just raise the FSB in bios if so to how much?

i have:
p5b mobo
2 gig of 663mhz ram

Go into your BIOS, and raise the FSB, and if needed, the voltage on your CPU. Check your temperatures before you even start overclocking, though. You don't want your CPU to be about 40 degrees stock.

Normally you should raise the FSB frequency by tiny bits (5 or 10Mhz) and see if you maintain stability. But since the C2D's are known to overclock well, you could safely clock it to 333Mhz to match your memory if your temperatures are low enough.

After every overclock, run a test, check your temperatures and stress your cpu to see if it's stable. There are programs to do this.

TAT says each cpu is 30*C at moment but when i go into bios it says like 43*C is that normal?

43 degrees is acceptable (I would believe the BIOS over TAT since the information it retrieves can be inaccurate). But nothing that will allow you to overclock that far. Just do it in little increments, and check your temperature afterwards. I would not overclock it beyond 50 degrees, in fact if I were you I'd get a better cooler or better airflow in your case. Because 43 degrees is idle and who knows how hot it will run stressed.

it will run a lot hotter under a load.
a lot.
i have a zalman9500, and with my oc, i idle at 36 and load at about 45-50(or after several hours of online chaos). and i have a ****load of fans in my case, too. better than smokin the cpu.
although the c2d may have lower load temp, but i dont think so because the idle temp is so much higher than mine.
at stock voltage, i idle at 27 and load at 38-44. but i have to really juice my cpu to get my overclock as well, and i dont think you will have to do that with your 6600.
good luck!

p.s. everyone who says they will "never overclock" usually ends up doing it, im guilty too. its fun!

nagasama said:
it will run a lot hotter under a load.

The stock core 2 duo heatsink fan is not bad at all, regardless of what people are saying about it. As long as temps are under 60 you're perfectly fine, and you honestly shouldn't worry if it's under 70 (celcius). 200 Mhz is hardly overclocking when it comes to conroes, you won't see any real noticeable change in performance or temperatures.

@ 3100 MHZ im getting only 27c idle and 33c at load (while playing FSX) I do live in a cool dry climate and I think that might help a bit. Sorry to hijack good luck with the OC, it took me for ever to get above 2860mhz with my 6600 because of a shitty mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom