can i use a PCI GFX card on a mobo with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
can i use a PCI GFX card on a MOBO that has an AGP2x slot which is usually uses for gfx, if i take out the crappy AGP2x card can i replace it with a better PCI card?

If he's talking abot regular PCI, he can. However, the majority of AGP cards can beat the living crap out of PCI cards...

ok im not talking about PCI-e or anything its just this mobo is actaulyl really good and has RAID but only a AGP 2x slot and at hand i only have a spare AGP4x card. so i was wondering if i could just buy a PCI not PCI-e card to replace the AGP2x card

you dont have to buy a new card. if u already have an agp 4x card, you can just put it in. the card will just run at 2x.

how much performance will i lose out on, and also even the spare agp4x ain that great i want a better one in :D so is this possible

I don't think you can get a PCI video card better than an AGP. And running a 4x AGP in 2x...you won't even notice the difference.

b1gapl said:
I don't think you can get a PCI video card better than an AGP. And running a 4x AGP in 2x...you won't even notice the difference.

so a ATI RADEON 9250 PCI would not be better than a AGP4x ATI RADEON 7000? if not than thats seriosuly something i didint know

Yea I guess the PCI that you pointed out is better than the 7000 AGP. It's just that, it's not that much better. Both cards are very outdated.

b1gapl said:
Yea I guess the PCI that you pointed out is better than the 7000 AGP. It's just that, it's not that much better. Both cards are very outdated.

well im going to sort this pc out 2 moz and forst i have the hassle of installing the RAID drivers along with XP which im clueless on,, hen ill pop in the radeon 7000 n see if it runs the games i play, im not rle a hardcore PC gamer i only rle play CSS which on my old machine AGPx4 used to run fine jsut without any shadows etc... (the nice bits) but still if i chose to get the 9250 will it physically work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom