Asus M2N-SLI DLX being fussy. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I turned HALT from "on all errors" to "on no errors"... Helped a lot. Wouldn't post at 2.6. Just hung there. (When I took my original clock of 2.4GHz and increased it to 2.5GHz, it went "beep beeeeeeep" IDK what causes the beep.) Do you think more voltage on the core and maybe the cpu/ht chipset would help it post?

mine beeps like that if my ram timings are too tight, or overclocked too far.
but it hangs when voltage is too low.
what is your voltage now? if it is stock (1.35 i think), then by all means raise it up.
i would up the cpu voltage but not too much past 1.5-1.55
i would suggest not going over 1.625 ever. i have done that voltage before to see how high i could post, but temps were no good....scary.
if it doesn't post at 2.6 with 1.5 volts, you've got something else going on.
mine posts at 2.75 with stock voltage, it just isn't stable.
can you post a screen shot of your bios?

EDIT: also, i don't know if that calculator thingy is correct, it does not let you figure ddr2....
but the definitions and advice below it have earned a spot in my favorites...!

Thanks for the advice. I'll def up the voltage. I saw the DDR thing and I know it only works for the some of them. Do the ram timings have to change thoguh? the 5-5-5-15 things?

I'll shoot for a 2.7 boot tomorrow.

i have mine at 5-5-5-18, i can go to 5-5-5-15, but it really doesnt make a difference. and i just like to take the ram out of the equation of stability, cos once you start messin with the timings and all that, things get confusing quickly.
you should not have to change ram timings at all. like i said earlier, tho...if you hit a big overclock you may need to set the ram clock to a lower speed so it's not super clocked.
lemme know if i can assist you any more, and lemme know the results!
good luck!

BennyV04988 said:
Thanks for the advice. I'll def up the voltage. I saw the DDR thing and I know it only works for the some of them. Do the ram timings have to change thoguh? the 5-5-5-15 things?

I'll shoot for a 2.7 boot tomorrow.

No, the timings don't have to change. Though running at a lower frequency, you may be able to up the timings a little bit. Mess around with it and see if you can get the fastest, most stable combination.

Alrighty.. 2.7GHz, up and running. It Booted at 1.4 something V, failed P95. Do think "Dual" P95 Torture stability is truly necessary? How about I just play BF 2142 for an hour?

I was so excited it booted that I said screw it and launched FEAR. That actually ran fine, which suprised me. I will try to see if I can crash it during normal usage. I might back down the Vcore if it gets hot but doesnt crash.

awesome!
well, p95 dual core is always a good idea.
but, honestly...unless you are doing some hard-core rendering or something that is really going to tax the cpu, then i do not think it is absolutely neccessary. one core p95 is though. i usually run both simultaneously just for bragging rights, but thats me. you might run p95 on both cores, but one at a time just to make sure they are both stable.
so, is all you needed to do was up the voltage?
congratulations!

another thing, how long did it take to fail p95, and did one core fail or both?
if it is not too hot, you can up the voltage some more to try and stabilize both cores running p95 simultaneously...
you don't want to go over about mid-fifties running p95 or playing a heavy duty game.
though your chip is probably rated same as mine as 65* MAX safe operating temp (and even then it's really way too hot), 95* and kablooie.

Eh...It failed rather quickly, less than 2 hours. I ran dual and it was pushing 65C, so I shut them down. I'm going to see if I can drop back the Vcore a bit and see what happens (If games are still stable...)

Alright... 2.6GHz @ 1.45V = boot and 4hr stable. 38C Idle, 67C 2xP95

Thanks a bunch guys! I just doubled the value of my cpu according to new egg.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom