Cd Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
i only have 2 cd drives installed in my pc but when i open my computers, i see 3 cd drives. dvd drive E, cd-rw drive F, and dvd drive G. im pretty sure the first two drives are the right ones but im not sure how the 3rd drive appeared. any help?

Well, maybe it's the drugs man.... :confused:
LOL...had to with you're name and all....

What Operatnig system are you running? Right click on each of the drives and click eject. See which ones pop open.

Are you using a daemon to emulate a cd drive? This adds anotherdrive down the list of drives and would assume the next letter available.

Such a drive can be installed for instance with Nero, CloneCD or Alcohol 120%. You can put cd images in it without burning it.

i think its alcohol 120%. the g drive in the hardware tab is called AXV CD/DCD-ROM SCSI SdRom Device

Excellent.....a little light bulb went off just about now...thanks Megabit. Megabit is absolutely correct. These burning programs do indicate another drive being present as part of their imageing process. I forget which one it was that I was using, but I do faintly remember having an extra drive at one point. Once I got rid of the application and moved on to the next, the extra drive went away.

Nice name Megabit...lol
I used to work in this office that was located in this Corporate community in MD. All the buildings were technical related somehow.....Anyway, there was a place to hang out and eat and drink (after work, of course :amazed: ) called the "Megabite".
All the technical minds of this complex went there......lol
It was pretty cheesy.....but where else did you go to meet a nice looking woman that talked about computers all the time!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom