Voltmodding a heatsinked 7600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzflag

In Runtime
Just for future referance, it's called AS5 (Arctic Silver - 5).

I would buy a Zalman VF700, or better yet a VF900 for both cards. It's a very good cooler and it comes with ram sinks. If you can't afford that, you can pick up some ram sinks for pretty cheap.

Apply a ram sink to every exposed memory chip with some Arctic Silver Adhesive (NOT AS5).

You're right, I don't know why I was thinking AC5.

Well I don't want to add fans if I can help it. I bought the heat pipe versions for a reason. If I have to add a fan I would like to keep it to one variable speed fan on the side blowing over the heat sinks. I'm trying to keep this as quiet a rig as possible while still overclocking a bit.

I believe the VF700/VF900 is pretty quiet, though I don't own one - so maybe someone who does can comment.

It's in the original post.

So I guess I'm still leaning toward voltmodding, redoing the heatsinks with AS5, heatsinking the memory chips with AS epoxy, and adding a variable speed fan on the side blowing over the heatsinks.

7600gt.jpg

So which chips should I heatsink? Sorry Newegg I know I stole your picture.

hmm... that is a silet cooler, so is not going to be amazing unless you can get a good fan on the heatsink.

all the large chips are the memory chips, they should be sinked if you are overclocking the memory. i am not sure whether the ICs and stuff need sinking, they definatly do on the 7900s, but i am not sure on the 7600.

you could try searching the xtremesystems forums for 7600 voltmods, someone is bound to have done one there.

As I said, put a sink on all accessible memory chips. You should have some on the back, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom