7950GT temps, is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever people may say, those temperatures are not normal. If your case has adequate airflow, your card should be 40-50 idle and 50-70 stressed. I find 70 quite high already and I really recommend against running your card that hot. Get the Zalman VF900Cu and install it, or improve the airflow on your case.

Phrantic said:
Whatever people may say, those temperatures are not normal. If your case has adequate airflow, your card should be 40-50 idle and 50-70 stressed. I find 70 quite high already and I really recommend against running your card that hot. Get the Zalman VF900Cu and install it, or improve the airflow on your case.

ATI runs MUCH hotter than nVidia. My old card was a 7900GT and my load temp was 55 degrees. When I added my 1900XTX the temps were at 85-90 on load. I have the same case and same amount of fans as when I had my 7900GT.

nVdia said:
ATI runs MUCH hotter than nVidia. My old card was a 7900GT and my load temp was 55 degrees. When I added my 1900XTX the temps were at 85-90 on load. I have the same case and same amount of fans as when I had my 7900GT.
Yeah, but who buys ATi these days. :D And the topic starter has a Nvidia card.

if ur worried about your psu fan blowing down, u can usually find some cheap ducting to direct to hot air out the back of the case.

cwiz said:
if ur worried about your psu fan blowing down, u can usually find some cheap ducting to direct to hot air out the back of the case.
The fan is a 120mm cooling fan thats blowing down(i believe?) and then the hot air from the psu is going out the normal place(out the back where the power cord plugs in)

I have this card although my computer says the memory clock is 700 mhz is this normal? i thought it was supposed to be around 1400 mhz???

G71 can generally go a bit hotter than the older G70 chips anyway.

i got mine the day of a small LAN at my house. stock cooling, stock clocks, and it was running at 85*C for most of the day. it was perfectly fine, not an arti in sight.

since, i have balanced a 120 on top of the stock cooler, blowing down onto the card which has dropped the load to 67*C, with clocks of 560/800.

in short.... dont worry! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom