Processor overheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaser226

Solid State Member
Hi I've been having trouble with my processor. I searched the net and found this forum, I hope you guys could give me a hand.

Well basically my processor is 'overheating', and it only occurs when i'm playing my new game final fantasy xi.
I recently formated my computer and reinstalled ffxi, but when i started playing again intel active monitor would alert me that my processor is overheating at about 70 degrees celcius. Now this never happened before I formated my hard drive so I find this very wierd. What could be causing this and is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you.

Processor: Genuine Intel Pentium 4 Processor 1.40 GHz
RAM: 384 rambus

Regular tempuratures:

Processor zone: 42*C
System zone 1: 34*C
System zone 2: 40*C

70 DEGREES?????!!!!!!!! that's absolutely crazy
make sure the heatsink is seated correctly
if it still overheats get a better heatsink and/or fan, preferrably Thermaltake

make sure you clean out the inside of your case regularly.
Your CPU fan may be going bad , do you have an RPM monitor for the CPU Fan ?

If U think U shouldn't b getting that message, try updating Ur bios.
Sometimes faulty messages appear due to corrupt bios.:)

My response was very similar to that guy above's: :eek:

70 degrees? Man, mine's 30 right now and SOMETIMES it hits 45 under extreme load. Here's a couple pointers:

1) Make sure your CPU fan is working correctly, and if you can monitor the speed, make sure it's at least above 2000 RPM.
2) Install some case fans, if you have the room. Just make sure you get the ball bearing kind.
3) If necessary, buy a tube of thermal paste. Take off the CPU fan and heatsink, and spread a THIN, but COMPLETE later over the CPU. Then firmly lock the heatsink and fan into place.
4) If all else fails, you might want to start researching a new computer. 1.4 isn't bad, but if you want to run high-end games... it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom