Motherboard for an Intel E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
I am going to build a computer for the first time and I am having trouble with choosing the parts for it because I do not know which ones will give me good performance. So far, all I know is I want the Intel E6600, and now I need a motherboard for it. I had a complete AMD system with an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, but that is only compatible with AMD CPU's. So can you guys help me out with some motherboards? I need atleast three PCI slots and one PCI Express x16 slot. Thanks

By the way, I probably will be overclocking in the future.

I don't know what your budget is but the asus-vanilla is a good mobo or a asus p5b-deluxe if you can spend more.

Both are good mobos that should give you a good oc if you decide to overclock that e6600 (which i recommend cause its a monster at overclocking even on stock ;))

If your willing to spend an extra few bucks then I would recommend the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188009

But then again you would have to take into consideration which video card you are going to use either ATI or Nvidia, in order to get best performance out of your motherboard ok.

a 680i chipset mobo is only if your going to sli. If you are then do get the 680i, don't get a nforce4 mobo cause their really weren't meant for the conroes.

darkop16 said:
a 680i chipset mobo is only if your going to sli. If you are then do get the 680i, don't get a nforce4 mobo cause their really weren't meant for the conroes.

Well I already know that I'm only going to be using one graphics card for the computer. I do not really see why I need two.

MurdaX said:
If your willing to spend an extra few bucks then I would recommend the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188009

But then again you would have to take into consideration which video card you are going to use either ATI or Nvidia, in order to get best performance out of your motherboard ok.

I'm debating on either getting a 256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS, or an EVGA GeForce 7900 GT. I do not know which graphics card would be better.

I would get a evga 7900gs and then upgrade to a dx10 card latter with the step program. But if you don't want to do that, then the 7900gt is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom