Finally gonna get my new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find UPS and FedEx are equally good. Only problem I have is with Purolator. Lazy as ****. Three times I've tried using them giving them another chance (they're the cheapest through NCIX) and all three times the site said every day for four days "On Truck for Delivery". Finally on the fourth day it would come lol

I just decided to take the dive and get the E6600. I spent most of the money that I could spend. The rest (around $900-$1000) is owed to me by my father, over 3 years of work and I decided to not spend it. I decided that since I'm saving up I might as well just have him pay me when I'm ready to use it. His money is all tied up at the moment, it's the holiday season, and him paying me back now would eat up pretty much all of his extra money for gifts and that kind of stuff.

So once he frees up some money I'm going to buy a video card. I am currently looking at the 7950 GT or the 8800GTS. However, another reason I am holding off is the R600 comes out soon. It will drive prices down and the R600 will probably destroy the G80.

To be honest, CivIII: Conquests by itself can hold me over for a while. I absolutely love that game; and once I get it up and running I'm going to download the CivIV demo, and if that works decent enough I'll probably just buy that.

Okay, I just finished it, and I'm going to play with it a little. First time building 100% from the ground up by myself, it went like a breeze. I don't know why people think it's so hard.

Well, I'm going to see how well HL2 runs (not so well probably), then probably try the CivIV demo.

Okay, I just did a mild overclock and got it to 2.6GHz. Seems to be pretty stable.

I think I might get a 7600GT that can hold me over for a while.

This thing is worse than my other friends integrated graphics. At least he could get 30+ fps in CSS, ( I get 4-13 fps on the ABSOLUTE minimum settings). It even struggled with Morrowind, it's funny though, UT 2004 played pretty good on it, yet it gets worse frames than what I would say as graphically low games.

I mean it's defiantly an improvement (a huge one I might add), but I thought for sure it would be just as fast, if not faster, than what my friend had for sure.

He had a AthlonXP 2800+, 512 of DDR333, and an integrated nVidia chipset. What a shame lol.

I just looked at the back of my mobo box, and it says "The Intel G965 Express Chipset with Intel GMA X3000 provide the 3D muscle needed for the latest mainstream games."

What a joke, mainsteam games my ***, the dam thing chokes up on Morrowind (which was a major blockbuster that came out 3 or 4 years ago)! I mean wtf were they thinking when they thought of "mainstream games", Half-Life 1?

Theoretically it could be a pretty decent GPU (ie, beable to play recent games at least 30+ fps) due to it's specs. But if Intel doesn't even bother putting out a decent driver, it will never be the integrated GPU that can play new games as they were hoping. The thing supposably supports DX9 and SM 3.0, but the thing doesn't even support pixel shading in MW!

I mean, I knew it was going to be ****ty, but not this ****ty.

*End of rant*

I might end up just using the EVGA step-up program later on if I get the 7600GT.

Which one should I get?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130062

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130017

and some video card from a company that went out of buisness.

If it is PCI, then use it for now. It will probably be better than your onboard.

timblanchard said:
when i had my onboard video, it played UT2003 on max but wouldn't play other games at all....wierd

huh. Onboard video. MAX no way. U must of had a good CPU or alot of onboard video

Trotter said:
If it is PCI, then use it for now. It will probably be better than your onboard.

O god, I think I should kick my self in the ***z for even thinking about using that old POS.

Just think of it this way, it can't even display 800x600 in 32bit color, and can't even go up to 1024x768. Chokes up on Diablo II at 800x600 resolution, runs HL1 like a slide show. At least this thing can do something.

So I'm just going get a 7600GT, which should last me a while till I finally get the real deal.

save 50 bucks and get a 7300gt, you wont notice it with games like civ. I bought one, works great... about the same as a 7600gs but it can be overclocked quite well.

7300gt stock = x1600 stock

not bad for the money

Well, I just ordered an EVGA 7600GT KO version. I could have went with the 7950GT but decided just to get a mid-range card that can hold me over for a while till I upgrade to a high-end gpu. Possibly use the step-up program, but that depends on when I upgrade.

Not to mention my mom is getting irritated on how much I'm using up on her card :p (since I don't have my own credit card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom