7950GT temps, is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
when not gaming mine sits between 58-60, when gaming on battlefield2142 etc its not much higher at all, only 1-2 degress.

So does that sound ok? im aware that it "could" be lower, but thats still a safe zone isnt it?

It's not in the danger zone, but it should not be at that temperature when idling. It's a little hot. A nice number would be 40-50C. 50-60 should be when gaming or load. Look into an aftermarket cooler for your video card. And also do you have fans in your case?

yeah but only one at the back of my case, but my psu(ocz 520w modstream) has got a big 120m fan which is blowing downwards in the gpu's direction.
But its not so hot that it will drastically shorten the life of my gpu is it?

I would say that is fine, don't worry about those temps.

However, you should be seeing a large drop in temperature when not gaming, as the GPU switches from 3d to 2d mode, with much lower frequencies. Have you messed with the 2d clocks at all when overclocking?

Its not overclocked mate, ive had no need to as it plays all games at highest settings ;)

My x800GTO used to hit 89*C at load, but then I installed a side-panel fan to blow directory across it and so far it hasn't topped 80*C at load since. :)

I'd recommend getting a Zalman Vf700/Vf900 cooler. Not too expensive, but a very good cooler.

dude the core slowdown for the 7900/7950's is like 120.

You should REALLY start worrying at 90C for these types of cards.

Of course it's nice to buy an VF900 and watch it idle at 33 degrees, and load at 45 :D

excellent, thanks guys my mind is now at rest seeing other peeps with 70-80-90 degrees!

Wow I didn't know it was ok for a GPU to be 70-90C. Mine idles at 44, load at 55, and it's overclocked with stock cooling. How come they can handle that kind of temps, and not the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom