2gig or not 2gig (that is the question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
More recently my computer just started crashing and getting blue screens whenever i use a lot of resources from my ram. I ran a memtest and figured out that it was my ram.

So i am pondering.. should i save up and get 2gigs, or should i just get 1 gig.

Ive noticed 2gigs is becoming more popular now.. should i get prepared for the future use of 2gigs?

Ive gone to newegg and this is what i am planning on getting:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145579

If I change my mind on getting better quality ram ill do so, but for now i am only interested in the amount of ram, not the timings

Thanks,
Alexsabree :cool:

any idea how much crysis will be using...
im using crysis as a reference for future build

yeah.. im probably getting 2 gigs.. its just SOO hard to save money, especially when you don't have a job :(

thats kind of hard to do when ur under 18, beleive me, i know, i turn 16 next month. just do extra chores around the house, offer to rake leaves, etc...starve at school (if you pay for lunch), dont throw pennies, they add up (got like $15 in pennies, but theyre pennies so i dont spend), christmas is coming, ask for money, same for bday, go around to random shops down your town's main road and ask if they need help r sumptin, do extra credit at school and get a 3.5+ gpa and try to con your parents into rewarding you, raid your couches for coins under the seats, when you walk, look down for coins, especially at gas stations and at the snack bar at your school, um....well thats all i can think of, but that should get ya movin (im dirt poor...i know how to scrape by)

bmxfreakrider said:
(im dirt poor...i know how to scrape by)

i know how you feel man, i'm 16 as well but, i do some work for my uncle :D so i can get by.

But like Freakrider said, just do what you can

BMX what state do you live in? Because in SC, we can work full time starting at 16. I don't work full time, mind you since I'm in school, but I've made enough in a few months for the setup in my sig.

If you keep crashing with 1GB, then I bet it's faulty RAM. Windows can easily operate with 1GB and create a page file when your system is exceeding this amount of memory. Maybe the problem would make more sense if you had 512MB.

I'm not swearing that it is bad RAM, but take a look into it, before you buy an extra stick.

bmxfreakrider said:
thats kind of hard to do when ur under 18, beleive me, i know, i turn 16 next month.

Being 16 is no excuse lol. I've been working since I was 13, I'm 18 now, just have to know where to look, there are always places who are willing to hire you. Just gotta put alot of effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom