First System Info/Help/Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen

In Runtime
Ok, so Christmas is approaching, and I've decided that I'd like to build my first gaming rig. Knowing that I'd never done it before, I did some research, but research only goes so far, there's no one to tell you what you did was right. Therefore, I'm posting here to see if the parts I have selected are going to be compatible.

Parts:
Tower/Case
Motherboard
CPU
PSU
RAM
Hard Drive
Video Card

I plan on taking my Optical Drives, Monitor, Speakers, Mouse and Keyboard from my current computer.

And I was also wondering if the tower I have selected can take bigger (120mm) fans, and more of them.

Thanks~

You have forgot the video card. And also instead of the X2 4200+ and Asus M2N-E try a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 and Asus P5B :)

are you overclocking?
if so,
you maybe want to read up on that board...some say it's no bueno for oc...(but a 2-300 mhz oc, i am sure it would be fine.)
i would suggest if at all possible upgrading to 2 gb of ram.
i like my corsair and so does my rig.
that's a great video card.
i think the psu is a bit much, but with all the bling in that case i guess you need a little more juice...

nagasama said:
are you overclocking?
if so,
you maybe want to read up on that board...some say it's no bueno for oc...(but a 2-300 mhz oc, i am sure it would be fine.)
i would suggest if at all possible upgrading to 2 gb of ram.
i like my corsair and so does my rig.
that's a great video card.
i think the psu is a bit much, but with all the bling in that case i guess you need a little more juice...
As of right now, I'm not planning on overclocking, and in the future I plan on upgrading my RAM (don't want to completely break my parents banks for this rig) to 2 gigs.

And can anyone give me some info on adding fans to that particular tower? (How many, what sizes, etc.)

gmanych said:
You have forgot the video card. And also instead of the X2 4200+ and Asus M2N-E try a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 and Asus P5B :)

second an e6300 will run faster and better and in the future if you ever start overclocking then you will be really greatful you went with core 2

kingsten value ram :rolleyes:

get this instead: g. skill ddr2 800 1gb

same price, runs faster then two sticks, ddr2 800, and it will run faster w/ 2x1gb compared to 4x512mb when you decide to get more ram.

can you push for this instead of AMD:

asus p5b-vinalla $129

core 2 dou e6300 $181

Amd's x2 are still good and you should go for dual core to be future proof, but the e6300 will out preform a fx-60 w/ a minor over clock (not even upping the voltage meaning no life taken away from the cpu). So if you can convince your parents to pay the extra money, then go with the core 2 dou.

edit: if your birthday is within 90 days of christmas or you can convince your parents to get it before your birthday, go with the evga 7600gt and upgrade to a mid range dx10 card with the step program. If you don't know what that is: evga step up program

Updated Parts. (CPU, Mobo, & Ram)

Anyone know if the stock fans are enough to keep the system cool enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom