Asus M2N-SLI DLX being fussy. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Anyone familiar with this board? I can't seem to get it stable over 2.4GHz. It won't boot.

The lower multipliers don't seem to work.

The FSB seems to be pegged at 240MHz.

Anyone consistantly hit higher clocks with this board? My temps are at 34C @ 2.4GHz... I'd like to crank it up a notch.

try putting the ht multiplier, probably in the "advanced chipset settings" ,or something similar, section of your bios. to (3 or) 4 instead of 5 or auto. i have read that you can go as high as 250ish w/o changing it down...but i could never get mine to stabilize with multi set at 5.
is your highest cpu multiplier 10, or is it 11?
i'm sure you've done it, but have you upped the voltage?
i have to run mine at 1.4v, although we have different rigs, theyre related.

increase your voltage by .05 volts to take it to 1.25, and if its at 1.25 take it to 1.3v. that should stable it out a tad.

that cpu can go to 72c before it hits the redline (overheats)

EDIT: did some reading, set your voltage to 1.5v, fsb as high as it can go, it should be more stable now, lower your ddr multiplier, then tighten your timings on the ram, and you should be able to reach 2.6g

well it won't boot at any voltage when the fsb is over 240. It messes up and i have to trick it like 3 times for it to boot. The multi is 10, but 9 doesnt work, neither does 8. Theres something that won't let it post about 2.4GHz without saying it failed to boot...F1 to continue, DEL to enter BIOS. GRRRR!!!!

im tellin you, dude...
put the ddr multiplier down to like 3. then it is out of the equation as the source of instability. you can probably get it to boot at 4, but try 3 first.
leave the cpu multi at default (which i'm guessin is 10)
i had the same problem (almost) with my 4200.

I'll try setting the ram as slow as possible. I honestly think its some BS failsafe that won't let the pc post.

allow me to explain a little more...
i'm not familiar with your board's bios, so i will use terminology of mine and hopefully it will make sense:

your cpu clock is 240
multiplier factor is 10
equals 2.4 ghz
your ht frequency is probably on auto or 5 (this will be in advanced chipset settings, probably where you adjust ddr2 timing and whatnot).
240 x 5 = ht link 1200
you're overclocking the ht link too much. it makes it unstable.
you want to have it around 1000, or lower is really okay too.
so, set the ht frequency to 3 or 4 and you get ht link of
720 and 960 respectively.
i am almost certain this is why you cannot push your clock speed past 240.
try it.
that cpu should definitely get 2.6+ overclock.

try my last post 1st. it probably will work.
if it doesnt work then try putting your ram to 667mhz.
i had to set my ht freq to 3 and lower my ram freq. to 667 to get my computer to boot at/above 3.0 ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom