hard disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

matejakezman

Baseband Member
last few days i have hard disk problems.
trying to acess safe mode reboots computer.
when im in windows trying to run some applications sometimes freezes computer and hard disk keeps running, and running and running, but most of things are very slow on computer. it takes sometimes few minutes to run some apllications.
is that due to bad sectors?

Sounds like your hdd might be taking a crap on you. First thing i'd do is reboot from the windows disk and go into the recovery console and run a chkdsk /r.

See if that helps any. ALso you could download a disk check program from the manufacturer of your hard drive's website.

Also, what exactly happens when you enter safe mode, does it actually go in then reboot or does it hang when loading drivers then reboot?

Move important files off the drive FIRST. From experience myself I have seen chkdsk destroy what was left of a failing disk.

you can check bad sector on your hard disk by putting windows xp bootable cd. click 'r' to start recovery console and the when it ask you to press key press the no which u will see on the prompt as 1 C:/windows (or what ever is your drive letter) press enter

then type administrative password if it is setup and press enter (if not just press enter)

then type command chkdsk /r/p to check the hdd.

it will solve the problem of bad sector if something is there.

If there is virus problem then try to repair windows by installation cd or try to scan your system with spyware and antivirus.

if it is not possible then solution is trying to repair the windows from bootable cd.

here is situation now.
i noticed that every time when application fails to start hard disk no 3 starts to run. when it stops the application begins.
i unpluged hard disk no 3, and windows are running perfect now. :confused:
im confused.
hard disk no 3 doesnt have any links with windows and applications im trying to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom