eVGA 7800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, but that too is refurbished.

I just feel real unsafe about buying a refurbished item. Does anyone here think it's safe to buy one and that it'll deliver quality performance and still last a long time?

I have bought many a referb in my days... So I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I was looking... as stated above... it's dated so you will be hard pressed to see one as new...

Okay and would it be smart to buy this card for $150 to go with my other 7800gt? Will I be seeing a good noticeable difference in my games? The reason I am tweaking up my graphics is so that it will be bulked up and ready for Vanguard.

Not sure if I want to deal with just anyone ...sorry I know there are a lot of secure ways to deal but I'd rather just buy the refurbished one from Newegg. Thanks a lot guys.

Yeah, I realize it's not exactly a top of the line card anymore but it still is a *good* card and I really want to take advantage of the SLI feature by adding another 7800gt. Again, just trying to bulk up my PC for Vanguard :D

I'm jockeying a 7800GTX, and have no worries. I've run FEAR, Oblivion, BF2... they all look and run great. But I don't try to turn up the eye candy.

I have the settings on BF2 set to optimize my ability to see the other guy, not to just look pretty.

JeffK91 said:
Not sure if I want to deal with just anyone ...sorry I know there are a lot of secure ways to deal but I'd rather just buy the refurbished one from Newegg. Thanks a lot guys.

Yeah, I realize it's not exactly a top of the line card anymore but it still is a *good* card and I really want to take advantage of the SLI feature by adding another 7800gt. Again, just trying to bulk up my PC for Vanguard :D

if you aren't that comfy with the refurb or used part, I'd recommend you look at the 7900gs. They run for $160ish new (cheaper as I recall) and they do the same stuff.

it would be better to get a new single card like a 7900 GTX. i havnt had much luck with sli. theres just not enough of a performance boost. if i were in your shoes i would go with a 7900 GTX. if you want performance, buying another 7800 gt isnt what i would do. sell your current 7800 gt and get a 7900 (or an 8800 depending on how much you want to shell out). i know you're into the sli thing but from my experience its not all its cracked up to be. i used to have a couple of 7800gt's and now im down to one. F.E.A.R was hit the hardest. i play eq2 a lot and that game didn't take any performance hit whatsoever. just my two cents though :)

Hmm ...well I really, really have been dreaming about an 8800gtx in my rig! :D As of right now, even if I wanted to I can't afford the 7900gtx and if I buy a 7900gs, then my 7800gt would become useless. Darn ...I wish I had money :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom