Blue Screen of Death with a DVD-Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoKanjo

Beta member
I have a DVD-Drive I installed today which appears to give me the Blue Screen of Death everytime I try to run a CD. I can see the Drive under My Computer and it's also listed under my Hardware. I'm able to explore what is on the disk by right clicking then clicking explore but if I double click the drive to run what's on the DVD it will give me a Memory Error.

I have no idea how it cant work because everything else is installed and I can view it on my computer I just cannot run any files from those DVD's or CD's.

----
Model Compaq DVD-Rom GD-2000

I know this works with Win. 98 but on XP it wont run my disks.

I have searched for drivers but fail to find anything for XP, most other posts looking for drivers havn't been answered in years.

---

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Make sure the jumpers are placed properly, and maybe try a new EIDE cable as well.

yea, get an 80wire( thinner wires, more wires, faster transfer, less interference) ide cable if you are running a 40, and if its the only device on that ide cable, then put it at the end. also, the connector in the middle of the cable should be set to slave, and the end should be set to master.

Umm I have checked all the plugs and they all are connected, I have no idea why it give the BSOD when I run something off the disk or it has to use the disk. This DVD-Drive is some what old and I need it to install software. I have a CD-Drive above it that works just fine, unless im connecting something wrong.

Problem is fixed, I was plugging in my MP3 player last night and I noticed it wasn't detecting the hardware at all so I just formated my computer and now my DVD Drive works 100% fine.

Thanks anyhow to those that replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom