Help Needed Im very worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere_in_cornwall

In Runtime
Hi I was using my computer until about 20 minutes a go, then suddenly my monitor started to fliker and then i manually rebooted and noticed grey lines running through the screen, im starting to think that the graphics card has gone?

Do they cost very much? Here's my specs

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P Computer
1GB Ram
256Mb Nvidia Graphics Card
260Gb Hard Disk
Windows Xp Home edition

Thanks very much

Open the case and remove and reseat the video card. If that doesnt work chances are theres something wrong with the card.

Welcome my freind.

That sort of happend to me.
I was playing F.E.A.R combat and it restarted. Then these lines were running down my screen. I have spent around two weeks looking into every possiable thing. IT JUST DIED ON ME!
Can you take a screenshot and I will tell you how bad it is.

Also, check the cooler on the card and make sure the fan is working and that there's no dust built up in it. Heat can cause this, too.

Thanks Guys, so it is a graphics card problem? Ive just come off the phone to PC Service Call, they told me that even know the graphics card is only a few months old, sadly it is no longer under warrenty, im uselsss on the hardware aspect of computers, ive got to buy a new card it looks like, but how much are they and do i need a certain type of card? are they easy to install, cant really afford a derop in to the local pc centre this side of christmas.
is their any sites that i can tell them what pc ive got and they tell me on the screen what i need?

Thanks

Happy Christmas to you all

No i took it to the pc shop, they tested the machine and put a new card in the machine, only problem is what caused the other to fail? dodgy software? internet????

Thanks

Lawrie

Odds are it just died.

A power surge could have got it, but that would have taken out other stuff as well.

My friend had this happen to him and we just updated his drivers and it worked great. I think the card was like a ATI x850xt or something not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom