Xp recovery disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitegloves

Beta member
I bought a custom built computer 6 months ago and have just realised that I did not get a recovery disk at the time of purchase, something I have always got in the past with previous computer purchases.
I am unable to get back to the shop where I bought the computer as we have moved to the other side of the world in the meantime. :eek:

Basically it is a standard sort of a system, nothing fancy. The OS is XP with service pack 2

Is there somewhere on the net that I can download and save on a disk a piece of software that will recover my computer in the case of a crash or malfunction in the future?

Cheers, Bez. :eek:

Go to your nearest neighbor, and borrow his Windows XP disk. Now, create a copy of the disc using Disc Copier, and when it's time to reinstall, it will say "You are using someone elses CD Key". In that case, you would input your key that came with the computer. Problem solved.

That may be a bit difficult as we have no neighbours who own a computer, in fact we have no neighbours but that is another story.
We live in remote outback australia.

I tried that with a reinstall; as a pc I bought on Ebay came with a XP Pro COA but W2000 install and I replaced the hdd with a larger one anyway...............................Anyway when I was trying to install XP and entered the key from the COA sticker it called it an invalid key code.........help??????????????I want to be legal but dont the COA stay with the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom