Harddrive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianMetal89

Beta member
I have two 150gb raptors setup in raid 0 and about once a day my computer will freeze up and ill reboot it and after i reboot it my computer cant recognize one of the drives. it happens to both drives it seems kinda random which one doesnt show up. but all i have to do to fix it is just unplug the sata cables, start up the computer with them unplugged, turn it off, and plug them back in again. im getting kinda annoyed seeing as how i have to do this every day. any solutions?

get the latest drivers for your mobo sounds like a issue with them maybe the manufacturer fixed the prob

Ouch, you know that with RAID 0 if you lose 1 disc, all of your data is toast, right?

Have you tried swapping the SATA cables for new ones?

well im pretty sure its a motherboard problem becuase my third 500gb seagate gets corrupt data errors about twice a week. i would have to be extremely unlucky to get three bad harddrives seeing as how both of my raptors have had problems.
this website seems to accurately describe my problem so im just gonna deal with it until they come out with an update to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom