Defrag won't complete heres why....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillarkat

Baseband Member
it gives me a file called: c\~temp_fill_file_ab 1 mqp

that file is 16.0 GB (17,179,869,184 bytes) and I have NO idea what it is says was created today. That is my problem and what is stopping the computer from completing as well as Disk Clean Up won't run past 3 nitches and I feel it's due to this file.

I am afraid to delete it.

i would not be concerned about deleting as it is a temp file. have you tried finding out what its associated with right click on the file and check if there is a program associated with it.

lol.. wow wow3d your defrag. >_< J/k :p

If its a wow file, then it really should'nt be 16 Gb.. o_o

Thanks everyone for the ideas and what to do......I will see what it is associted with (if it is) and also never heard of a warcraft file?

Thats huge. Do you cut audio or video on your machine?
You could move it to a different hard drive, so at least it isn't deleted incase you do need it. Run the defrag and see if it causes any problems.

Actually I burn cd's but NO WAY that huge. Noww I did open a site that had games etc on it, after thinking I bet that it attached itself somehow or nestled inside my C Drive :-(.consequently it left me with like 2 pie slices of memory.... I don;t have another drive unless you mean like Drive E maybe???

Thanks Biggee,
I will try it and see I surely don;t see what there is in that name that is threatning if I do delete ....It just blew me away the size....

King X13 said:
the mpq is a warcraft file.

He was meaning Warcraft, the PC game, made by Blizzard Ent. Also, Warcraft isn't the only game to use MPQ files..... Diablo, Diablo 2, Starcraft, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom