$5000 Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 mile stretch alrite let me set my suspension. I do have a Gene Berg 5 speed i can cruise down the highway in 5 gear doing about 120 at about 2grand:)

I have two things to say about this thread, First of all, there is never a reason to spend close to 5 grand on a computer, It will most likely be considered old in a few months time. Secondly, You sir Cdub, are ridiculous, for owning and even concocting such a creation that you have there.

Lol, I think his car is awesome :D. What's the top speed on that thing if you've ever given it a go. What's the 1/4 mile time, 0-60 etc. Can it turn well lol?

theor said:
Lol, I think his car is awesome :D. What's the top speed on that thing if you've ever given it a go. What's the 1/4 mile time, 0-60 etc. Can it turn well lol?
Runs low 10s and i dont have the boost all the way up cause i drive this car daily and i would like it stay that way. The only time i dont drive it is when its raining that big ol 750 Demon carb doesnt like getting wet. Not sure on top speed but i have done 130 in it and it was only at 3500 on the tach. Theres plenty more but im not doing it haha.:D

I have a 2000 BMW 540i 6-speed in my garage and a 1984 Porsche 911, both with some bolt ons here and there. But I'd say you guys are out of my league lol.

To whichever fool recommended over 2TB of disk space for one person: lol.

My build would probably look something like:

Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLi
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
2x XFX 8800GTX
4x 1GB Corsair Dominator 1142Mhz
Western Digital RaptorX 150GB
Western Digital Caviar RE2 500GB
Seasonic S12-650
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Wireless Speakerset

Totalling around $4,200 you can spend some additional money on DVD burners, mouse+keyboard, headphones, (water) cooling, etc. as you like. You could take 2GB memory and the speakerset out and it would save you about $750 lol.

But what I would do if I had that kind of budget, I wouldn't bother going for a PC case. I would buy an aquarium or another form of big glass case, and fill it with salad oil, and letting your components float in there for probably the best (but more importantly most awesome) cooling option. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom