Vista Licencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
I have 1 PC on which I have genuine version XP installed. Next year when Vista comes out I want to build another PC for my kid. If I buy a Vista at the store, can I install one copy on two computers under one License? Not sure how M$ checks for the genuine product, but both product will be connected to the same internet connection and should have identical IP address.

Or

Do I have to buy another license?

You will not be able to install and have both PC's activated with just 1 License. You will have to buy a 2nd license.

Cant tell you for sure. That all depends on how M$ plans on going aobut situations like this. In all seriousness it might be able to be done. Since Vista isnt gonna be released till Jan there is no way for sure to tell how the Licensing will work right now.

It should allow you to install on 2 machines. But if it allows for both machines to be active is another story. You can use it to install for sure. But active i dont know. For the answer we will just have to wait till Jan when it gets released.

You wont be able to do it with regular home licensing, and Vista doesn't have any corporate keys which will permanently activate it. You will need to buy another license at full price. There are no discounts for multiple PC's unless you do Volume licensing like businesses do which require you to buy 25 or more. And that option is only available with Windows Vista Business/Enterprise editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom