Blue Screen of DEATH Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muttmitman

Baseband Member
Okay so friday all my parts came in the mail and i had it together and working that night it was like 3 in the morning and a blue screen came up saying some error then started a physical memory dump i just figured something odd happened some times it just does that but i restarted it and not 1min after boot up it did it again and again i tried using my windows xp disk to reformat but the windows xp install menu's dont show up somethings in the drive someone please help me.

well, is your CDROM drive still being picked up in the POST? Mabey the wire fell out and thats what caused the blue screen, although the memory dump sounds like a RAM problem. Make sure your CDROM is setup properly/working and then once you can get that, run memtest on your RAM.

How do i ren a mem test is it run in the bios or what this is my first build so youll have to bear with me on some of this stuff if you need specs then ill post em later

well, u get get a bootable floppy disc, but im assuming that you dont have a floppy drive, so you can use a bootCD. I recommend Hiren's Boot CD 8.6, it has pretty much every boot utility you will need for a long time. www.hsascommunity.com/kon/Hiren's BootCD 8.6.iso

burn the image and boot from the CD, that why you need to get your CDROM working first. If you do have a floppy, you can get a floppy version of memtest but youre on your own for that.

Okay does anyone know a good harddrive whiping tool that isnt windows becasue thats not working for crap and my usb ports all just went out nothing works. this is the most frustrating thing ever.

it probably is a memory error. wiping your hdd isnt necessary if RAM is the culprit. get a bootable floppy or CD with memtest and check to see if it really is the RAM
To answer your question, most hdd manufactures have a boot utility (pre-OS) that has a low level format option (not really low level format but it zeroes your drive) If u cant find one from your manufucauter, Maxtor powermax is fine. Get Hiren's from my site (above) and it has everything you need.

Uhh is there any easy way to fix this i.e raising voltage or something like that or will it make it worse? it just pretty much ****es me off that it stopped working after 3 hours. its not a heat issue i have 2 120mm fans and a 90mm side looks like im going to have to wait awhile on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom