$4310.oo Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smash AMD? I smash AMD smashing Intel. ;)

AMD hardly pioneered it. Most processors before the Pentium IV, including the Pentium III, were based on the same greater-efficiency-per-clock principle. Most of the existing Pentium IIIs beat the early Pentium IVs simply because of their greater efficiency. With the Pentium IV, Intel went off on a tangent while AMD did the old technology one better. Intel ran into thermal leakage, effectively halting what they could do while AMD sweeped them aside.

The main notable technologies that AMD pioneered have been the HyperTransport Bus, and the IMC. And the HyperTransport Bus isn't even AMD's invention, they just use it a helluva lot more than anyone else. But since Intel is not planning on copying either of these anytime soon, they can be disregarded in this case.

The era of microprocessors does not start on September 23rd, 2003. ;)

dude you know more than me...but i'm not kowtowing....
um, the htb is the reason of my argument.
intel is using the basic theory of hypertransport now...which is why their chips are so fast. once again, i.e. they eliminated the northbridge. and if amd didn't pioneer (note: not invent) ht...who did?
although i will admit fsb is much more easily understood than htt...lol

Help finishing build

I have some things picked out but am having trouble finding/ choosing the rest to fit under my budget of 4300.

I'll show my list of what i have and don't have plz help me find the rest to stay a bit under my budget.

Things i have chosen:

CPU- e6600, $309

mobo- EVGA 122-CK-NF68 nForce 680i, $250

PS- PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 EPS12V

Video-Nvidia 8800 GTX, $799

Case- Thermaltake Kandalf VD4000BWS Black Chassis, $280

Monitor- LG L194WTX-BF 19IN Wide LCD Black 5MS 1440X900 2000:1, $270

= about $2250.00
So i have about 1500 left respectably to get Ram, Network, Drives, Storage, Keyboard/mouse, soud/speakers and any additioanal cooling i might need for OC'ing and such.

As far as memory, id like whatever i can afford to get that will allow me to OC pretty well.

Storage i was thinking 1 150g Raptor and a 500g storage drive

Drives i wanted atleast 1 dvd burner and a dvd drive combo, maybe PLEXTOR Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW $150 and a Pioneer Dvd Drive $35

Sound can be anything good for gaming and music with decent speakers. maybe X-fi extreme gamer, $90

I wanted to go wireless networking so maybe an LINKSYS WMP54G 32bit PCI2.2 Wireless-G Adapter with a good LINKSYS router

And to top it all off maybe a wireless key/mouse combo like Logitech wireless keyboard mouse combo.

Long post i know but any feed back on what i have o far and anything i might be missing. besides an OS.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Reported post to have Mod merger it with original thread.....

With that much moola, I would look into having at minimum a RAID 1 setup in case of drive failure, otherwise, you are out ~ 500 Gigs worth of Data.... I have 2 Seagate 500 Gig SATA drives in my closet awaiting a RAID 1 NAS box to call home....

I suggested that to him in his original thread.

Apparently he doesn't want RAID... HIs money, w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom