Geforce 8800GTS Low 3dMark Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

bermarx

Solid State Member
I am only getting around 2000 3dmarks in 3dmark06 with my 8800GTS; this is incredibly low based on the 8000 (at least) that seems average. It should not be bottlenecked by anything, as I have a fairly common system build at the moment:
asus p5b deluxe
2gb ram
core 2 duo e6600
western digital sata 250gb

I have seen the problem with drivers 97.02 and the beta 97.28 drivers. If this helps, I was also experiencing a whole lot of black textures and graphical glitches when playing the bundled "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic" Game, as well as some lower than expected fps in various games (I think it's lower than expected; I was expecting to eat WoW up at 100fps or something).

I know something is wrong here. It is probably a driver issue, but I have tried almost everything with drivers. I have not tried upgrading BIOS or mainboard drivers, mainly because I have no idea how to do that (or what drivers my mobo actually needs).

Thanks for any replies :)

Try and install the drivers for the video card on the CD that came in the box. Otherwise it might be a DOA. What brand is it?

Also what are your temps?

I would normally say dont use the drivers on the cd but I myself have had many issues with the new nvidia drivers. I finally uninstalled the current drivers, restarted, and installed the lastest offical ones and its ok now. Check for any yellow question mark items in the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom