Computer not showing anything/booting up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadoFire

Beta member
For some reason, I found out the my computer wasn't reading my video card. So I shut it down and opened up the case, took out the video card and put it back in and put on the cover and everything.

When I turned it back on, my computer was louder than usual and the monitor wasn't displaying anything. Neither was the computer booting up...

My computer model is Gateway 832GM and the video card is nVidia Geforce 6600. Please help me with this. Thanks.

have you tried to use your onboard video connect to eliminate any other hardware failure you may have. also what kind of vid card is it pci pci-e or agp if you have another comp with compliant slots try to run the vid card in it to see if it works or is dead. also just to be safe double check make sure the vid card is in securely.................

It's PCI-E. I'll check if the card's in securly. I've never really put in a card myself, but seen it.

I'm not sure what you mean by onboard video connect either. :/

there should be a vga port on the mother board for onboard video
also sometimes when you buy brand name comps like that sometimes they make it so no third party hardware besides hardware that, that company puts in will work ive seen it happen with hard drives and some vid cards so try to see if theres an onboard video if so and if that works and the card is in securely call gateway and ask if they have a hardware restriction with 3rd party hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom