$5000 Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
I have essentially $5000 to build the best gaming computer possible. Give me all your detailed suggestions with the best components possible. I may or may not decrease the amount I spend just for the sense of being realistic but I could go to $5000 if need be. I'd like to know what the top tier stuff is now, last time I built a PC AMD and Nvidia were offering the best technology. As we all know the PC times change rapidly.

Hmm...

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 quad-core
4GB DDR2-1111 Corsair Dominator RAM
eVGA 680i SLI motherboard
2 x eVGA 8800GTX's
2 x Blu-Ray burners
2 x HD-DVD burners
4 x 150GB Raptors in RAID 0
2 x 750GB Seagates in RAID 0
2 x external 2TB storage arrays in RAID 1
1,000 PC Power and Cooling Power Supply
Water cooling kit
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum :cool:
30" Dell monitor
65" 1080p plasma HDTV
Optimus keyboard when it comes out
Logitech G7 wireless mouse

And the fastest most expensive shipping they have.

Yeah, I already have a TV to be used. I appreciate the thoughts though, any ideas on watercooling. And possibly a really nice, large case with enough room. My last computer I realized how important having a large workable case is.

dont pay 5000 bucks for a pc it wont be worth it. spend at the most around 3000 and use the rest for something more important.

i wouldnt get a blue ray ro hd dvd burner now anyways theres no telling which one of them are going to last

For that kind of money just buy the most expensive pre built one you can, with as many of the above suggestions. You don't want to accidently fry $5000 of computer parts.

There's a lot of extra convenience parts I may not even need. It may be more close to around $4000. I never found to need so many extra harddrives for example.

$2000-3500 sounds good. Then save the rest for upgrades for the future. If you spend $5k right now, next year theres already new tech coming out, and your $5k is outdated.

Avoid going overkill on easily outdated items, like:

graphics card(s)
processor
motherboard (because of chipsets)

You CAN induldge on:

RAM
HDDs
Case
PSU
watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.