How can I change from 1080i to 780p and exc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
I have the Connect 3D ATI Radeon X1900XT. I am wondering how to change the resolution. I AM NOT talking about the resolution in the display tab in the control panel where you can choose 600x800, exc. I am talking about how can I change it from like 780i to 780p or to 1080i ,exc.

if you hook it up to a hdtv, it depends on the resolution of your tv.... if you have a 1080 verticle pixel tv, the video card should be able to 'see' that and output 1920x1080 signal

Yup, i have my comp hooked up to my tv through a 7800gt. Just run something like a TV utility, which im sure your card has. It should detect the TV, and automatically run it at the highest resolution possible.

720p and 1080i(p) are the two highest resolutions MOST HDTV's support. Although screens smaller then 42" tend tonot support 1080i or p.

Monitors can run quite a bit higher then that. Infact most likely the monitor you're using right now is running higher then that.

I should point out something that I found funny-

"I AM NOT talking about the resolution in the display tab in the control panel where you can choose 600x800, exc. I am talking about how can I change it from like 780i to 780p or to 1080i ,exc."

That sentence makes zero sense. Because you ARE talking about the resolution hahaha. What did you think 780 and 1080 stood for?

^ agreed, 780 and 1080 refer to the verticle pixel count, and the horizontal is simply calculated by the ratio, typically 16:9, there fore the horizontal pixels will be 1080*16/9=1920

Also my current monitor resolution is 1280 x 800. So would that be equivalent to "800i" or "800p" depending on if its in progressive scan or interlaced mode?

What exactly are you trying to do?

Are you using ATI's CCC?

untitled.jpg

^^^Yes I have that CCC. I am trying to get the best possible picture quality from my monitors. Everything is maxed out in the CCC so now I am looking at messing with the resolution.

I have that exact same window that you show. I want to know how I can switch between interlaced and progressive scan mode on my monitors. I know that progressive scan is significantly better then interlaced for games.

Just run your LCDs on their native resolution for the best picture, The Extended display identification data (EDID) from your monitors will tell your PC you are using LCDs. Basically, you don't have to worry about p or i :D

"Virtually all fixed-pixel displays—LCD, DLP, LCOS, or plasma—don't form interlaced or progressive images. Instead, they display each frame all at once, not line by line. However, the signal they receive can be interlaced or progressive. If it's interlaced, the display has to convert it to progressive and scale it to its native resolution before it can display it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom