Case Fans and Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Quick Question here.

I got a computer here, and the customer is complaining about DUST.

There is a space for one case fan on the back of the PC. If I put a 80mm fan BLOWWING OUT, will this help minimise the amount of dust in the PC?

It will help but it would also help if there was a front fan, i have that type of case with only one fan. Also, tell them not to put the thing on the goddam floor.

I origionally bought a system from D'HELL and they seemed to keep the dust out by isolating the cooled parts of the system with its air outake. Since the rest of the computer doesn't get much air, there isn't much dust either.

Tell him to keep it off the floor basically. The outfan in the back is not going to help that much. I have an antec full tower with 2 front fans going in and 2 back going out. The dust is not super bad but every few monthes i take off the clear side door and blow it out with an aircompressor as well as the fans, I would try and sell him some of the compressed air cans to keep it clean. Most of all keep it off the floor. Thats where mine sits though. It creates more heat for it also if its on carpet. Sitting on carpet is not as loud but whatever not too much you can do.

Imaminuteman04 said:
Just get a foam filter... problem solved does lower the CFM a tiny bit though

One the set up that I was just talking about... HOW?????

There is only one space on the case for a fan. This is on the back of the PC.

I am trying to encourage to the dust to go out.

how about keeping the dust from goin in in the first place, turn the fan around and have it blow in but have it suck air thru the foam is prolly what i would do

Don't forget about the power supply fan!

You can have the air circulate properly if you have the fans setup correctly. The filter idea will work but make sure you have a good filter and a good fan, you don't want to burn out the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom