problem of restarting windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiren

Baseband Member
Hi friends,

I have a bit nasty problem with one system.

I install win xp sp-2 on a system that has ASUS mother board. The problem is the whole os is installed and now. It worked well and now it keeps on restarting.

I have got 4 memory modules so i also try to remove and keep only one but still the system is restarting?

I am facing this problem since two days so i would be pleased to find some solution. May be i am missing something. Could you please help some how?

hiren

right click my comp

go to properties /advanced startup /and recovery and untick automatically restart

Thanks bruce,

I did that. I've 4 memory modules and right now I've remove 3 from the system and it is working with 1 only. So when i try to put more module the problem again arrise.

So is there any problem with memory module? Or something else?

Have u tried booting with only 2?

try with two then if it fails take the 2nd one out and try another and boot again

try to narrow down which it is.

memory is strange, ive had ram i thought was dead put in in another comp months later and it works.

could be the memory or the motherboard.

try each stick and see which ones work and if you fin done that doesnt that may be the root of the problem or if none of them seem bad try the same thing with the memory slots (put one stick in a slot, if it works try another)

I will definaly check that i guess it should work. RAMs are always mistry :)

I guess it should work. I have to be patient and then it starts working

hiren said:
Hi friends,

I have a bit nasty problem with one system.

I install win xp sp-2 on a system that has ASUS mother board. The problem is the whole os is installed and now. It worked well and now it keeps on restarting.

I have got 4 memory modules so i also try to remove and keep only one but still the system is restarting?

I am facing this problem since two days so i would be pleased to find some solution. May be i am missing something. Could you please help some how?

hiren

here is an easy way to test the memory. try one stick at a time. boot. then move that same stick to the next slot. try again. keep doing that till you have done that with all 4 slots. if that stick doesnt mess up in any slots then you know that the slots are probably good.

keep trying it till you get a stick that wont boot up with just it self in. :)

thanks

Now it starts working properly Thanks

on more thing

Do i need to setup jumbers for S-ATA hard drives?

My system has two hard drives and it is not detecting another one?

How to detect it? Is there anything i have to do in bios or something else?

Re: thanks

hiren said:
Now it starts working properly Thanks

on more thing

Do i need to setup jumbers for S-ATA hard drives?

My system has two hard drives and it is not detecting another one?

How to detect it? Is there anything i have to do in bios or something else?

well SATA drives dont have or need jumpers .

so in windows what do you see if you right click my computer and
go to manage. then drive management? maybe the drive has a letter that something else is using and you can change the letter.

is the second drive a new one? you might need to format it in drive managment. cause new drives come with no partitions usually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom