$4310.oo Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Dubayah

Solid State Member
This is all i have budgeted and saved for to build my Dream Gaiming PC. I have a pretty good mindset of what i want but i'd love to see what you guys can come up with. A few things to keep in mind, i wish to go with intell, and need it to be pre-build from a site like cyberpowerpc or ibuypower or where ever ele you might be able to find. Good hunting.

First off, no pre-builts.

Secondly, you'll have the best PC out with that kind of money, and you know it. You're building it yourself though.

I recommend two 8800 GTX's in SLI, an NForce 680i motherboard, A KiloWatt PSU, a Kentsfield Quad core processor, and throw it all in a Big ThermalTake Armor series case.

Like I said, no prebuilts. Custom is better, cheaper, usually much faster, and is fun to put together. Besides, places like ibuypower (that should be an instant banword, lol) will **** you out of your money. They charge about double what the system actually costs, making a profit for them, just because you were too lazy to read a few online guides and take a half hour to do it yourself.

what if i have no idea what i would be doing and wouldn't trust some 16yr old kid to do it either.

Dee_Dubayah said:
what if i have no idea what i would be doing and wouldn't trust some 16yr old kid to do it either.

You're sixteen? That's more than ample age to have at least half the intelligence required to do this. It's really not that hard.

After a minute or two of googling, I came up with this:

http://tools.corsairmemory.com/systembuild/report.aspx?report_id=12472

It's a sort of in depth guide, just take a browse over it and you'll see just how ****ing easy it is. You really don't have to be a nerd to do it, I mean, it's pretty much fool proof. All you have to do is not physically break anything when you are putting it together and that's it. If everything goes in the slot/socket it goes in without having to break it, you've got it. Of course it's actually a little more complicated than that, but you get the picture, right?

PC Power and Cooling 750 Watt Silencer
EVGA 122-CK-NF68
C2D X6800
Times Two / Gigabyte 8800 GTX
Times Two / Plextor DVD-RW
Creative SB A4 Pro 7.1
Times Three / Seagate 500 GB 16MB Cache (In RAID 5)
GSkill Two X 1GB DDR2 667

Now, Whatever is left over from that spending rage you will need to use for.
A really Big Case. WITH ALOT OF COOLING
A really Nice Widescreen Moniter
Mouse
Keyboard
Really Nice Speakers
Good Heatsink and FAN for Ocing that Proc.

Btw, DON'T FORGET A GOOD COOLING SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmm, Thats Nice.

dude i am 16 years old an di have built plenty of computers it ****es me off when people think that just because your a certain age you cant do things

Dee_Dubayah said:

i think he's saying he wouldn't trust the 16 year old next door to do it (unless fade2black is his neighbor....:amazed: )...not that he's actually 16 himself.
anyways, build it yourself. much funner and it is great to say, "i built my computer". people look at you like you said, "i discovered nuclear physics"...when in all actuality it is quite simple. tweaking, ram timings and overclocking are a little more in-depth, but very gratifying.
good luck!

Building computers is easier than it seems. Alot of people get scared when they hear the words "building a computer", but in actuality you're not building anything. Most of the time you really dont have to configure anything to set them up. Just plug everything into the right spots and bada bing. The only bad part is if you end up getting a doa part, and you dont know how to diagnose which part it is. Theres alot of good sites around that give tips on how to start. I'd suggest to read as much as you can and go for it. You'll be happier in the long run.

You can probably build a dream PC for half that cost. When you build a PC, it's pretty much just plugging things into the right holes. I built my first comp a few months ago and it wasn't that bad at all. Follow the directions and you should be good to go. As someone already said, the problem is when you receive a bad part and your comp doesn't startup or work properly b/c of that. Then it can become a pain in the butt to diagnose the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom