Help! XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krypt

Beta member
Before you read this, know that I dont know a lot about computers, so any kind of assistment will be helpfull. I have XP Home, and the last few days my pc has been screwed up, and last night it wouldn't even let me sign in, saying that the user setup cannot be loaded. So, I put the restore disk in, and it gave me an option of full install, or upgrade, and upgrade let me keep my files, so I choose that. Well, with about 13 min left on the installation it came up with an error "unregmp2.exe-Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link libary MSDART.DLL" When I try to just hit ok, it just keeps refreshing. WHen I restart, it just restarts the installation, and errors again. CAn somebody help me get my computer back up again. I dont really care about the files on it, so a fresh start is no problem. Thanks for the help
-Cody

I have just encoutered this last week here at work. If you keep hitting "OK" over and over it will eventuall go away. I had to hit "OK" over 200 times...lol..but it went away and continued with the installation..It then came up once more and I did the samething then it finished the install. The apply ALL the service packs and updates and you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom