Unable to use mini-mode in Windows Media Player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASpoonemore

Beta member
I cannot get the minimode to work in Windows Media Player 11. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. The minimode works fine in Windows Media Player 10. Right clicking on the taskbar and choosing toolbars->Windows Media Player will put a blank space on the taskbar where the media player should be, however minimizing to that space does not put it there. This is only happening from one of my computers and they are all setup similarly. I've disabled all startup items and non-ms services in msconfig and still have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

It works just fine. Have you fully updated the system? As you sure there is no spyware or anything else prevent it from working? Like StyleXP or windowsblinds?

Yeah it works fine for me too on all other computers but one. I've run spybot as well as adaware and haven't picked anything up. I'm on a corporate domain with pretty tight security and I keep my system clean so I don't think it's a spyware related

It could just be that the Corp Domain doesnt allow for anything to be added to the task bar.

Corp Domains are known for locking down the desktop, I know my company does, that just might be your problem.

edit: have you tried to create a new user profile on that machine? perhaps your current one is corrupt?

I thought that may have been the case as well, but WMM10 works and it works on all other computers on the network. It also works using my login on another machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom