no image on monitor, when plug into new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielmicman

Solid State Member
built new comp and when i plug the monitor in nothing happens, nothing comes up on the screen, i dont have any drivers installed or OS, solutions?

1) Remove EVERYTHING from the case
2) Set the motherboard on a non conductive surface. The motherboard box is perfect for this. .DO NOT PLACE THE MOTHERBOARD ON THE STATIC BAG! The outside of some of these can actually conduct electricity! We are going to try and assemble a running system outside of the case.
3) Install the CPU and heat sink.
4) Install the RAM (only install 1 stick for SDRAM, 2 for RDRAM)
5) Install the video card. Do make sure the card is FULLY seated.
6) Connect the monitor to the video card.
7) Connect the power supply to the motherboard. Do make sure you plug in the extra power connector [if used]
8) Connect power to the power supply
9) Do NOT connect ANYTHING else. Make sure you have the power connector on the CPU fan connected.
10) Use a small screwdriver to momentarily short the power switch connector on the motherboard.

If all is well, it should power up and you should get a display. You now have found you have a mounting problem. The board is shorting to the case. If not, then you most likely have a faulty component. You will need to swap parts with known good units ie power supply, cpu, ram, video card.

i already did all that, everything worked fine, and when i put everything back in it still worked, then when i plugged the monitor in, everything still worked fine, there just was no image on the monitor

no, the fans and everything worked fine, but there was no picture, i dont have any software installed yet, its a brand new computer and it's an xfx 7600 graphics card, when i plug the monitor in, it just displays nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom