Razer Copperhead Firmware, need drivers/location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
Im trying to update my copperhead's firmware and when i unplugged it and plugged back while holding the profile button like it told me to, when i plugged it back in it found new hardware and needs a driver for it. The guide on razer's site told me that this would happen and to just point it to my driver, but i dont know where that is. I tried pointing it to the folder where i extraxted the driver archive from razer. Im assuming that the hardware wizard is looking for an .inf and in the driver archive/folder from razer theres a setup.exe and Data1.cab Data2.cab and some other files. The CD that came with the mouse has the same files. The only other thing that I can think of is to go to the main windows "collection" of .inf driver files, but I dont know where that is. Any help would be appreciated.

Download the drivers again (or the first time). Install them like it says... just make sure to note the location it is to be installed to.

That way, you have the latest drivers and firmware, and you know where it is.

http://www.razersupport.com/

o werd, it installed to program files, lemme try there. I cant really reboot right now...

Ok, that didnt work :(

btw, if it matters, my windows drive where I install programs and stuff if I:

what i downloaded was a .zip and it has:

autorun.exe
autorun.inf
data1.cab
data1.hdr
data2.cab
ikernel.ex_
layout.bin
setup.bmp
setup.exe
setup.ini
setup.inx

and the firmware file that i downloaded sepreatly is "Version 0618.s19

I tried automatic installation, and "advanced" and tried the extracted folder of what i downloaded, and the folder where i installed the drivers to via the exe above, and the CD. Whats the folder with all of the .inf drivers that windows uses? im convinced that that is what I need.

yeah, no luck :( even tho the /Copperhead/Drivers folder has a "Copperhd.inf" file in it. But its not looking for a copperhead driver. According to the screenshot on the razer website, its a "Freescale USB JW32 ICP Device"

EDIT: Ok i got the drivers i needed here

i wanted to update firmware to latest version, and in doing so, it found new hardware which it needed drivers for. I found them tho. A file called "USBICP.INF" on some french driver site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom