What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I need 4 120mm fans, a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. Im not really sure what to get. I have $700 but it shouldnt cost THAT much. I cant really find and quiet fans that are still pretty powerful so thats why I am asking. I was wanting a 19" lcd but people say to get a widscreen. For mouse and keyboard I prefer wired keyboard and mouse. If the mouse could be 2000 dpi, that would be cool but there seems to be alot of choices.

For the 120mm fans: get a Nexus or a Papst (if they're available in your country)
Mouse: Logitech MX518 is my favourite
Keyboard: Not really important imo but if you want all the bells and whistles you could live with a Logitech G15
Monitor: I myself wouldn't get widescreen as I'd end up with tacky game resolutions. I've seen some fairly new games that still don't support some (if not all) widescreen resolutions.

Widescreen gaming is great... if the game supports it natively. There are hacks and simple file changes but then again it's a pain in the *** when games like BF won't do it because the devs say it gives people an "advantage" over other players. O please, so the person with the $3000 computer doesn't have an advantage over a person with a $1000 computer?

However, games like HL2 and other source games (CS:S, DoD:S, Dark Messiah) are wonderful to play in widescreen.

To put it plainly, if you don't want to bother playing with your games files and stuff (the non-native games) to get widescreen and just play the game then regular is what you would like. But if you want widescreen gaming experience then get that.

This is a pretty good website that talks about it, and game compatibility: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I went through their native list and pulled some highlights:

Call of Duty 1 and 2
Half-Life 2 and source games (some of the best WS support)
FEAR
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Quake 4
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Also I was looking around and people were complaining about the monitor. Some said its great. Some said its got its issues. Some also said it plain sucks but I guess I could always rma it or something. If im that worried would it be worth getting an extended warrenty.

if you have the moneu upgrade to the 22" sceptre it has hdcp and hdmi for your console and hd movies. I have it if you want pics i can get some its a great monitor ( I have 22")

Mouse wait for Death Adder keyboard Saitek or Logitech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom