What can the 8800GTX do that the 8800GTS cant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg...thats a huge res too and an average of 54.7 FPS? thats pretty amazing accually.

It doesnt say HDR is included though so i bet that would lower it a bit.

what is 4xAA? What i mean is what is it compared to the other options like is 6x max? or does it go to 16x like the AF?

It the techreport article it says the HDR was included in the test

Fayt19 said:

what is 4xAA? What i mean is what is it compared to the other options like is 6x max? or does it go to 16x like the AF?

I think you can turn the AA to x16 with 8800GTS/GTX

What card do you have now? What are you trying to play that it doesn't do a good job on?

If you really want a good Oblivion experience, just get an Xbox360. It plays so much better than on the PC. The graphics are pretty much just as good. The engine just is clearly not optimized for PC play. The game isn't that great anyways.

The 8800GTS should be good enough for the upcoming generation of games, including UT2007 and Crysis, both which should have no problem on max at 1280x1024. 1680x1050 shouldn't be too much of a problem either. You may have to tone down the AA a bit on Crysis.

I definately would not make a purchase based on Oblivion alone though.

beedubaya said:

If you really want a good Oblivion experience, just get an Xbox360. It plays so much better than on the PC. The graphics are pretty much just as good.

I have to disagree with you

The graphics of oblivion in PC is much better than Xbox360, even if you play it with 7900GT

as i orginally posted I listed lots of games. as of now i am using a GeForce 5200......need i say more?

I run WoW at 15-20 FPS with the settings on low...

CS i just barly managed to get 100 fps, 1 smoke and i drop to 20 FPS

I cant play fear

I can play Battlefield 2 but even at lowest settings you can tell this a little slight lag = \

I want to be able to play every game without lag. Ive maxed BF:2 and just the sight of it tears me up. Its beautiful and so realistic. Ive never played any games on max and I would love to expirence and thats what i want to accomplish.

Ive had a xbox360 until the retarded thing destroyed 2 Blockbuster video games...stupid system...FPS and Obvilion just isnt the same on the game controller rather then playing with a mouse and keyboard.

ive accually been hacing second thoughts and I might just get the GTS, if you look at my 2k gaming rig it doesnt include a monitor. and if i get a GTS then i will be able to use that 200 and 150 from the money left over and get myself a 22" Widescreen monitor. I play on a 17" CRT and trust me it sucks ive never played on a LCD other then the 15" LCD's at my college so I have never expirenced how magnificent it would be to sit in from of a 22" and play games.

well... i'll tell you right now, playing on 22 inches is just amazing.. it consumes most of your vision.... i'd say go with the gts and 22 inch... it'll be far worth the money.. because when the gts starts slowing down on you.. just pick up another gts later for probably 100 less dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom