Laptop Video/HD/Screen/Brand questions !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuBlEt101

Baseband Member
15.4'' Hp Laptop dv6000t

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7200 (2.0 GHz)

15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)

256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400

HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam

1024MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer

Around 1300$$

ok well this is the setup im intrested in getting( or something like it ) i just have a few questions..
1) if i request hp put in a higher video card would they do it? if not can i change it out after i get it for a better one?
2) what size hard drive works.. site's vary from 40-200 should i go as high as i can or doesnt it matter after some point ?
3) hp screen is a problem ? ive herd there to reflective or does this change with the upgraded screen> WXGA BrightView <
4) also herd hp batteries have a horrible life ? true ?
5) if hp doesnt work out what other company's are highly recommended ?
Exclude : alienware and vodoo <-- horribly overpriced
and im also looking into
dell : i dont like dell much
sony : more expensive

I think HP will work with you on the video card, but don't quote me.

I like having as much hard drive space as possible :) It really depends, though, on what you're planning to use the computer for. If you will be saving video or large photos or a lot of audio on it, you will want more space. If it is for gaming or a mega word processor, you won't need as much.

I haven't had problems with my HP screen. It is pretty reflective, and if I have it in the car when it's bright out, I have to arrange it carefully to reduce reflection and glare to see what's "behind" the screen, but in general - and at home - there is no problem.

My HP's battery lasts a couple hours. I use it at church instead of a Bible and notebook, and my son plays games on it, usually, before and after church, and we haven't run out of battery power yet.

I really like my HP.
We do NOT recommend Compaq or Toshiba. Dell's are ok but their support is now outsourced to India.

My roommate bought a hp laptop this summer works great apart from the screen cracked and he sent it off to be repaired suppose to be one week 5 weeks later he calls them and they say they have received the laptop but havent fixed it yet two weeks after that he phones them still not fixed so he asks for it to be sent back one week later it comes back 8 weeks at hp repair and they hadnt even opened up the box it was sent in. Needless to say there customer spport is s**t but gr8 laptop for the price aslong as it doesnt get broken. I personally love the new asus leather range :p:p:p:p:p but thats way overpriced aswell bt so hot!!!! I'd recommend acer i use a travelmate 920 and have had it for 3 and half years no problems at all apart from it now struggles to play games that are even two years old on medium settings.

Matt

I have both a Toshiba and a Dell.. and both work well for me...

What are you going to do with it mostly? that will tell you right away if you need a big hard dsrive, or better graphics. Also, what is your budget?

yea.. im going to college in a few month's and i also wanna play games on it i already found an answer to the hardrive question i think im going to need a big hard drive for all the music/video's/ and whatever else i need to put on it.. other then that budget is a few 100$ higher then that laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom