Windows XP reversed drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
Hey all. I just had to replace a dead master hard drive and reinstall XP Pro. When all was installed and I was in Windows, there were the two drives showing up on my computer. C drive and F drive. It seems XP installed to the F drive and not the C drive. I know for a fact that the drive I installed XP on IS the main primary master drive, but how did they get switched around? Also, the "C" Drive has one of those cannot display icons cause it doesnt know what to put as the hard drive icon, but the F drive has a normal Hard Drive icon.

Anyone know how to reverse the lettering of these two drives around and make a drive icon appear for the C drive (which really should be the F drive). Thanks!

Let me rephrase a bit. I have 2 drives in the computer. I had to replace the main primary master drive cause it went bad. So I replaced it, everything was working fine and set correctly. Then when it booted into windows, the main C drive that was listed, was ACTUALLY the Slave drive, and the drive that Windows installed to was the F drive. But I didnt install to the slave, it installed to the brand new drive, but in Windows XP the brand new drive shows up as the F: drive.

Anyway, im reinstalling everything now with the slave drive disconnected. When i get up and running in XP again im gonna re-attach the slave drive and see what happens. Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom