What can the 8800GTX do that the 8800GTS cant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the **** cant even a 8800GTX play the game at MAX settings? thats insane...seriously..how did they make and test the game? how did they Test it?

The 8800GTS/X were made after the game and still cant do the job wow...if someone could find that article i would love to read it.

Maroon1 always says stuff like that. "so and so can do the same with a way cheaper card, just he has to turn the graphics down" ... lol.

fade2black2004 said:
but how many FPS was he getting?

I don't know how much FPS he gets. It lags sometimes but it doesn't bother him at all. I don't think it is a big problem if it lags a little bit.

Fayt19 said:
how the **** cant even a 8800GTX play the game at MAX settings? thats insane...seriously..how did they make and test the game? how did they Test it?

I'm very sure that 8800GTX can max oblivion out, maybe it can't max it at resolution like 2560x1600, but at 1600x1200 or lower it should max oblivion

If you want play oblivion on 2560x1600 and everything on max then you will need to SLI the 8800GTX, but personally I think SLI is a waste of money, so it is better to turn some of the setting down instead of buying two 8800GTX, you can turn for example AA to off because it is useless at high resolution.

maroon1 said:
I'm very sure that 8800GTX can max oblivion out, maybe it can't max it at resolution like 2560x1600, but at 1600x1200 or lower it should max oblivion

If you want play oblivion on 2560x1600 and everything on max then you will need to SLI the 8800GTX, but personally I think SLI is a waste of money, so it is better to turn some of the setting down instead of buying two 8800GTX, you can turn for example AA to off because it is useless at high resolution.

AA still makes a big difference at 1680x1050... i still demand to play my games with at least 4x AA at that resolution.. and still with 16xAF..

i did a little test to see if i could tell the difference at the main screen of Dark Messiah. There's just a guy standing there.. and i just tried all levels of AA and AF.. i could tell the difference everytime.. from 2aa to 4 and 6..... and with af from 2-16.... so don't say it doesnt make a difference until you've seen it with your own eyes ;) . It's all preference

NosBoost300 said:
AA still makes a big difference at 1680x1050... i still demand to play my games with at least 4x AA at that resolution.. and still with 16xAF..

i did a little test to see if i could tell the difference at the main screen of Dark Messiah. There's just a guy standing there.. and i just tried all levels of AA and AF.. i could tell the difference everytime.. from 2aa to 4 and 6..... and with af from 2-16.... so don't say it doesnt make a difference until you've seen it with your own eyes ;) . It's all preference

QFT

AA makes a huge difference when playing games on my HDTV. 1920x1080 @ 42" = large pixels = needs 16x AA. :)

Well for comparison my friend has a 7900 GT, and he plays it near max (almost everything is full), and he still gets around 25-35 fps outdoors, which isn't bad for this kind of game. Of course in doors will be running at very high fps.

I hear the GTS and GTX can run Oblivion with HDR w/ 4xAA and 16AF just fine, and around 40 or 50+ fps outside.

so oblivion can be played on the 8800GTX at max setting with no lag. Just 4xaa?

Is there a major difference from 4x to 6x?

Has anyone found that article? ive look everywhere = \

oblivion-hdr-aa.gif

http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q4/geforce-8800/index.x?pg=14

So, yes the 8800GTX should play oblivion on 4xAA without any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom