$2,000 Budget! Need really good opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
It's getting REALLY close to X-Mas and I made a list i put together on Newegg.com. Tell me what you think or if you have suggestions please let me know because I really need to profect this list and get the best for my $2,000 budget.

This computer will be used for hardcore gaming. Games like WoW, Dark Mesiah, Company Heros, FEAR, Oblivion, Battlefield 2 and 2142.

I DON'T need speakers, mouse, or a keyboard!

Here's my List:

Thermaltake Armor - $169.99 - Has lots of room and lots of air flow!

ASUS P5B Deluxe - $196.99 - Cheap and heard it was good on overclocking!

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - $309.99 - Good for overclocking!

Artic Silver 5 - $5.99 - Cant live without this

ZALMAN CNPS9500 - $53.99 - CPU Cooler, If there is better let me know!

G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 800 - $219.99 - Nice timings and cas 4!

eVGA GeForce 8800GTX - $599.99 - Best Videocard out atm!

Antec True Power 650W - $124.99 - Pretty much just picked this one out!

2x WD 250GB - $159.98 - 2x of these for lots of space and for Raid 0!

SAMSUNG DVD Burner - $31.99 - Basic Optical drive...it has lightscribe but ill probably never use it.

So what do you guys think? I need every opinion and tweek i can get. If you can help me out with my mobo and PSU issue that would be great. thats a major issue right now. So if you know a better PSU, ex: 650W might be to much and you know of a 600W cheaper then please tell me lol!

Another issue is that I really want this montior because as of now im on a Dell 17" CRT...really a shame if i have to use a nice computer on such a bad monitor thats why i need your guys help.

SCEPTRE 22" 5ms Widescreen - $359.99 - Widescreen with a res of 1680x1150!!!

If you guys can same me money then please tell me!
If you guys love my list then please tell me!

Suggestions, comments, and concerns are ALL welcome!!

Its been awhile since ive seen an antec psu complait, but i still would stay away from antec's newer psu's. I would go with the ocz gameXstreme b1gapl suggested, its rock solid and will be able to power two gtx's if you wanted, but i wouldn't sli with the p5b-deluxe.

I would go with the sumsung 22" Ws LCD cause samsung's LCD are very reliable, but the spectre is good too. i just stick with samsung cause ive had no dead pixles with them yet (*knock on wood*).

Every thing else looks good to me. I would have suggested the g.skill hz's , but they're outragously priced right now. I got myn 3 months ago for $260 which i still think was too high for memory.

On a off note, I just noticed g.skill has 2 2x2gb kits up on newegg now. How long have they been up there? Maybe i just never noticed them. Sry for the off note, i was just curious

I like that first PSU you suggested, thanks you just saved me around 10 dollars!!!

As for the motherboard i dont probably ever plan on SLI for a long time but the Motherboard is also another major issue. There are so many Intel motherboards with good reviews i dont know what one is the best. I know the Striker is the best but i mean for my price range.

If you know of a better mobo then the ASUS P5B Deluxe please let me know. I forgot to put a total and as of now its at 1908.47 i think and b1gapl just saved me about 10 or so dollars so im under 1900 now. so put that towards a motherboard or if this one is good enough I need to somehow save 200 or so more dollars for a monitor

Any others?

lol the first PSU I suggested is also $3 cheaper after rebate. So you saved $13...heh

nice. I looked at that monitor that you suggested and the reason why I chose the SCEPTRE is b/c the contrast ratio is 1200:1 and the one you suggested is only 700:1 also on the SAMSUNG the brightness is at 280 cs/m2 and the SCEPTRE is 300 cd/m2.

I do realize that SAMSUNG is a better company at least im my opinion but i dont think it is worth it to pay more for less.

I looked at both monitors and other then what I already stated the SCEPTRE weighs less has a larger horizontal view by 10 degrees, and the SCEPTRE has 2 USB 2.0 connectors which would be nice for my mouse.

The only thing i cant compare the 2 is the pixel pitch. The SCEPTRE doesnt display it in the specifications.

All these little things add up to one big thing in my opinion. By the looks of it it seems as if the SCEPTRE is a overall better monitor for 20 dollars less which doesnt make sense to me. heh

The brand name like Samsung makes it a bit more money. I would go for the Sceptre though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom