does a cellphone interfere with your harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quixotic115

In Runtime
If you put your cellphone near your computer, does it interfere with the harddrive? I keep hearing this really loud crackling sound and i don't know why it's doing that. Someone told me that it was my cellphone but i wanted to check if that was the cause.

When my cell phone is near my computer, I hear a slight buzzing from the speakers a second before it rings.

yeah or even when my phone just sits there and no one's calling. Must be the airwaves or something -_-. I just wanted to confirm it.

My speakers around cell phones make a sound, and it's louder when it's ringing. I don't think it's the hard drive, just electronic interference.

Uhh... If you have a bluetooth adapter on your computer and you're transfering files back and forth, then yes. But no, it doesn't to it on it's own. Chances are you just don't have enough RAM and your computer is having to use the swap space too much. That would be more likely than a cellphone "interfacing" with a harddrive...

Wait, so when my computer is making those crackling sounds, it could be due to a RAM shortage? I have 1 gig of ram for my desktop.

bmxfreakrider said:
lol, i thought it said interfacing too!, lol but he says interfere...well, it shouldnt, tho, peeps say it messes with their speakers...not for me i guess, my monitor just goes haywire before it rings(like 2 seconds)

Oh, I didn't notice that until just now. :mad:

Not unless there is some kind of magnetic field. I'm not an expert on how cellphones work, but any kind of magnetic field can screw with hard drives.

I don't believe a cellphone emits a magnetic wave though...

oh lol wow what a funny mistake.

anyway, are there any other possible sources for the noises? I swear it's this loud crackling sound and it's soo annoying. it also kind of worries me because it sounds like it's broken lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom