Problem with nvidia 6800 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogir

Solid State Member
I have an nvidia 6800 gt and just recently began having issues with it. I started play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and was having troubles with it crashing, so I looked it up and saw that an older driver had more success than others with that game. I updated (as mine hadn't been updated in over a year) and the problem with the game crashing gota little better. Not long after that my computer just started crashing. The fans and everything would stay on but the monitor would go blank and say no signal. Upon restarting, windows would load but freak out when it came to the login screen and then eventually restart. If I left it for a while I could use the computer again for a while before having this problem again. I updated to the latest driver and it stopped it for about a day and then it acted up agian. I ended up replacing my video card with a lower qualitiy and havn't had the problem again yet, but I have to reduce settings and can't even play some of my higher end games.
My specs are
Gigabyte p4 titan
3.4gh Pentium 4 478 socket
1gb Dual Channel
Nvidia 6800 GT (Replaced with Radeon 9600)

Was the card giving problems with other games? If there's no problem after u replaced the card, then its possible that the card is defective.

That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to spend the money for another AGP card...I wanted to go for a PCIE card next when I upgraded my computer next time, preferably a SLI card :(

Can you try the card in a friends pc and see if it works then. check the cooling fan on the card isn't A-clogged up with dust or B- not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom