HDD Question - Raid 0 or 10k RPM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw i know this is a little off topic but darkop16, I noticed your setup and ive been putting together a list of computer parts i might want to get and you have the smae mobo, cpu, cpu cooler, memory, HDD's, and PSU. Hows all they working out for you?

raid 5? ive never heard of that...i just thought it was regular, raid 0 and raid 1?

Is there a site that tells me the difference between all the raids and what they do and what is best for certain situations?

Fayt19 said:
btw i know this is a little off topic but darkop16, I noticed your setup and ive been putting together a list of computer parts i might want to get and you have the smae mobo, cpu, cpu cooler, memory, HDD's, and PSU. Hows all they working out for you?

it works great. Some ppl have said the d9 chips(xmxs and the Hz's) don't boot up with the 965 mobos b/c of lack of power the mobo sets for it, but myn booted up the first time.

I think i would have gone with two 32gb raptors instead of the 250gb i chose. I think next summer (after i work all summer) ill swap my out my 250gb HDD's with the raptors and use the 250's as storage. Other then that, i love it, and can't wait till next yr when i can upgrade my gpu to a dx10 card, but my 7900gs is holding out pretty well :).

2nd box with Raptors and they are fast and I have not had any problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom