Help with about $1,500 budget for best possible work system build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all, I have used these forums to build a SWEET gaming rig and OC it. Now I might have the green light on building a system at work with around a $1,500 budget.

Please list what you guys would recommend and preferably with links/prices. My company is really IBM biased but I figure anything that is equivalent to IBM is fine and they can try to match what I find in IBM parts. (idiots)

Basically it needs to be a Pentium4, I want 2 gigs of ram, dual core, and other than that go wild.

Thanks for the help!!

this has been done a lot lately.

evga 680i mobo
wd 500gb raid 0
intel e6300
evga 8800gts
corsair 2gb ddr2 800
700W psu for sli later

Thanx for the input all. I am really looking for what you think is best for a work computer where I use Photoshop CS2 a TON, a lot of illustrator, some flash work, some coding, a lot of multi-tasking.

I said pentium 4 because I highly doubt my boss would go for the AMD line. I have not looked into what has come out since I built my gaming rig so please make your suggestions for what you think is best with about a $1,500 budget.

Suggest what you think is good, not something you think sux but falls under my guidelines, I am more interested in the quality of the computer I build.

well if you can go with any intel processor, then thats good cause the core 2 dou's beat amd's best processors out right now.

Does this build include monitor, keyboard/mouse, and speakers?

Yeah...Pentium 4 + Photoshop=major blowage.

Everything is done slowly in that program with a cpu like that. I have to use P4 systems every day at school since I'm in photoshop class. They're just old. The name has been out for 6 years anyway. Don't put 6 year old technology into a new pc.

Speakers / mouse / keyboard can all be ignored. I am probably stuck with the crappy office monitors but go ahead and list a pair of 19" lcd's for me anyway.

Ok if intel core duo's are the best for what i need go ahead and make a recommendation there, I have no experience with em. I love my amd athlon 64 4800+ but my work is guaranteed to want something from intel, hopefully they will accept the core duo's, pls list what you think is best and perhaps why it is better than p4 so i can pass that along to help bias the executive decision in that direction. Many thanx for the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom