question about replacing memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

brncao

Solid State Member
I was going to sell my Kingston technology value ram 256mb KVR DDR400/PC3200, CL3 184-Pin DIMM, desktop RAM, but now I decided to get a desktop replacement laptop instead of building a desktop, and I have a couple questions concerning RMA.
Seeing that Kingston Rams have Lifetime Warranty, my brother tore open the box rendering it useless to sell. But the stick is still intact, there's a sticker on the ram itself that says "Warranty void if removed." thank god my brother didn't tear that off, but he did open the plastic case. so all my brother did was tore the blue box open, opened the plastic case of the Ram inside (tearing the sticker band that secured it), and laid his fingerprints on it; ram is still intact. I was wondering if Kingston can replace this product with a new one through RMA. This way I can sell it new again.

will RMA ask for the serial number/proof of purchase? cuz I gotta look for it somewhere in the house. hope it didnt get thrown out.

I haven't sent anything back to Kingston but most companies only require that the sticker is intact with the Ram and maybe an invoice of the purchase.

Yeah dude Kingston will take it back just as long as their logo and serial number or model number in on the ram. you could have found it in the garbage you still could send it back to Kingston and get a replacement ok. To tell you the truth I have a friend that goes around rummaging in old computers looking for Kingston ram to send in and get new one, but lets just keep that between us guys ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom