Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Software based overclocking - smarter?

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
NosBoost300
I poop on the rug

Quote:
Originally posted by Max2559
NosBoost300 - How am i wrong:?

I know you use software for going seriously high on the overclock, but my point is... why use the Bios at all?

I mean - as i said - if you are running a half decent computer you dont need the CPU overclocked for general computing... so preserve your components and run them at stock... untill you want to play a game... when you use the software and overclock the CPU a lot (you will know from prior testing where it is stable).
I know you use software for the top end overclock... but just remind me again... how am i wrong? Oh yeah... and what is dumb in overclocking your CPU with software (as long as you do it incramentally with the correct divider settings).
I know you were at work and grumpy... apology accepted.
oh no, your not wrong, i was referring to everyone that was saying windows overclocking was for lazy people.. that was the statement i was calling wrong.

and i'll agree with you, that you can use it only when your know your gonna be doing a difficult/demanding task (such as gaming).

and as for using bios... if you want an overclock that is permanent.. so you don't have to go through the hastle all the time... overclocking through bios is the way to do it. Bio's gets way more specific with tuning compaired to easy tune 5... there i can mess with FSB voltage, take ram voltage higher than easy tune 5, and playing around with ram timings as well... there's just way more to work with in bios

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.