trying to upgrade for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad08

Beta member
I have a computer not really meant for gaming that i got a few years ago so i want to see if i could upgrade it. I didnt have a clue what i was doing and then found out that for graphics cards i need to check what type i could use. I checked the device drivers and it said my card was in pci bus 1 so i thought i would have to use a pci card, then i ran a program called cpu-z and it said that i had agp 3.0 8x. Now i really dont know anything about this but im pretty sure they arent the same. what i have is a dell dimension 4600 that i am looking to upgrade. if anyone could tell me how to check so that i know for sure what i have and anything that could help with upgrading for gaming because it cant really run any new game well. if you need more specs let me know and ill try to put whatever you need. thanks.

Its not worth it. Upgrading any prebuilt is almost always( Lol wc) not worth it..

Save up around 1500-2000$ for a complete and Average to high end gamming computer.

the thing is i dont have that much money and i wont for a while, all my money is going towards my last semester of school in january so i was just looking for any upgrades i could do to make it run better

well i play BFME II some and i figure no matter what i do i wont be able to get that game to run the best, but now its just so slow. my brother also plays sims 2 on it and that doesnt seem to run very well either. And how do i check upgradability (sorry i dont really know anything about this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom